Professional Mediation Training (35 hours)
A 1-week comprehensive and in-depth training customized for those veterans who work professionally with other veterans. Those who complete this training earn a certificate and are qualified to work as mediators with Quabbin Mediation or another community mediation center.
This advanced 35-hour Professional Mediation Training emphasizes skill building and practice. Lecture, large group discussion, small group work, personal reflection, and role-playing are all utilized in order to maximize the learning potential for all participants.
Some of the skills and topics covered are:
- Creating and managing a supportive and trusting atmosphere
- Handling strong emotions effectively
- Encouraging parties to see problems from others’ point of view
- Listening without judgement for both facts and feelings
- Using open ended questions and reframing effectively
- Keeping discussion focused on the relevant issues
- Finding common ground
- Encouraging creative problem solving
- Framing clear, balanced, forward looking agreements
The course is a foundational piece for all veteran mediators and provides tools for carrying forward creative problem solving.
If none of the dates and times listed below work for you and you would like schedule your own training, please contact us.
35 hours in 5 days: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Locations and Dates:
Mount Wachusett Community College
March 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12, (19)
Lynn/Peabody area, dates TBA